Thursday, March 24, 2011

Chicken Tacos

I watched The Simple Wife, Joanne, share this recipe on a video post in 2009. I have been reading Joanne's blog since 2008, I was introduced to her through a blog post Meredith wrote about a lunch she had with Joanne and some other friends.

If you do not know Joanne, please go read her blog and pray for her and her family as she recovers from a stroke that she on January 11, 2011. Kristen's blog (Joanne's sister), is a wonderful way to see Joanne's progress through pictures.

What a great way to entertain inexpensively! Sometime I am going to have a party and serve her recipe, but today I am making it for dinner. I am going to freeze 2 cups of the leftovers and make Meredith's Santa Fe Chicken Enchiladas.

Here is the method for this SUPER EASY recipe:

6 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (I use frozen chicken straight from the freezer)
16 Ounce Jar of your Favorite Salsa
1 Packet Taco Seasoning (my addition)

Put everything into the slow cooker and give it a stir to blend the seasoning with the salsa. Cook on high for 4 to 6 hours or on low for 6 to 8 hours. When done, the chicken should shred easily when with two forks.

For the tacos - serve with warm flour tortillas**, lettuce, shredded cheese, cilantro, lime and sour cream.

Go here to see what Joanne serves with her tacos.

**Warming flour tortillas
Wrap the tortillas in foil and place in a preheated 350 degree oven for 10-15 minutes. The tortillas come out hot and soft - almost as good as homemade tortillas.

No comments: