Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Tex-Mex Rice

This is my dad's version of Tex-Mex rice. Jeremy and the boys love it so I am not allowed to make Mexican Rice any other way now. Super easy to make!

Uncle Ben's Converted Rice
Chicken Stock (for cooking rice, optional)
1 Tbs. Light Butter
3 to 5 Tbs. Taco Sauce (depending on how spicy you like it)
1 to 1 1/2 cups Sharp Red. fat Cheddar Cheese, grated

Cook the desired amount of servings of rice according to directions on the box. Make sure you add the salt and butter that the directions call for while cooking rice. I always cook my rice in chicken stock because I feel it adds more flavor. The amounts in the ingredient list (above) are for six servings of cooked rice.

Once rice is cooked add butter and taco sauce and mix well. Mix in cheese, then taste to see if it needs more salt. Enjoy warm!

No comments: