Monday, November 9, 2009

Chocolate Pumpkin Dump Cake

I found a Pumpkin Dump Cake recipe at Main Street Mom Cooks. I want to make it, but only a couple of my family members would eat it, so I thought I would wait to make it when I have to take it somewhere. So I took her concept and made it chocolate but kept the pumpkin to sneak in a something healthy.

1 can pumpkin (15 oz cans)
3 tbsp 1/3 less fat cream cheese
1/2 can (12 oz) evaporated milk
2 eggs
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 cup splenda
1/4 cup splenda brown sugar
1 German Chocolate cake mix
1 stick of light butter
1 cup chopped nuts

Mix pumpkin, cream cheese, cinnamon, splenda and milk.Pour into a greased and floured (I use Baker’s Joy) 9x13 pan. Sprinkle with cake mix. Drizzle with melted butter. Put on the chopped pecans. Bake 350 for 45 minutes to 1 hour (check at 35 minutes). Serve topped with frozen yogurt.

Side note: next time I will make two of these desserts and take one to a friend because we thought the ratio of chocolate to pumpkin was off (too much pumpkin). From now one I will put only half the pumpkin mixture in the dish and put the other half in a dish and buy an additional cake mix and light butter to make two desserts. Also at 45 minutes our pecans were a little burnt so I will begin checking after 40 minutes.

1 comment:

care-in said...

I'm impressed with how you change recipes!