Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Super Easy *moist* Pumpkin Muffins



I was a little worried about these muffins because they have so few ingredients, but I gave them a try. I have now made 3 batches and I can confirm that they are super moist. They are not the prettiest muffins due to "cookie dough consistency" but that is okay because they are so good. I tried different mix ins and my favorite is adding fresh blueberries and toasted walnuts. My family liked blueberry (no nuts) but their favorite is chocolate chip. Next I am going pecans and dried cranberries. Added bonus - one muffin equals on 3 Weight Watchers points.

1 Spice Cake Mix
1 can pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
1/2 cup water

Mix together, batter will be very thick. If adding in mix-ins fold them in after batter is mixed.Spray a muffin pan with non-stick spray (I use Baker's Joy) and divide in to 12 muffins (do not use paper liners). Bake at 350 for 18 - 22 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Makes 36 mini muffins, cook for 14 - 16 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.

Variations:
Add some walnuts, pecans, blueberries cranberries, shredded carrot or chocolate chips.
Use chocolate cake mix for delicious choco-pumpkin muffins. Go completely decadent and add mini-chocolate chips.
Can’t find spice cake mix? Use a yellow cake mix and a 1-2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice.

No comments: