Thursday, October 22, 2009

Chipotle Chicken Pasta in Fire Roasted Tomato Cream Sauce

Have you ever been to the Pick Palate blog? I found it through Meredith when she posted about making this dish. After I made this delicious pasta (that Jenny created) I had to explore her site. She is an amazing cook who comes up with wonderful family recipes and many scrumptious desserts. Since making this dish, I have made several of her recipes (can not wait to make this!) and will be putting them on here. I make so many that I will add a Picky Palate category to my blog. Thanks Meredith for introducing me to Jenny's blog. As always I made changes to the recipe to fit my family, go here to see the original recipe.

1 box Farfalle pasta
2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
½ Cup finely chopped shallot
2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped, from can
1 fresh corn on the cob, kernels removed
1 Cup drained black beans
2 Cups diced cooked chicken (often I use rotisserie)
1/2 Cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped (we love cilantro!)
2 14 oz cans Muir Glen Fire Roasted diced Tomatoes
½ Cup half & half
Pinch salt
Pinch pepper
Pinch garlic salt

Place both cans of tomatoes into food processor and pulse until smooth. Prepare pasta according to package directions, drain and set aside. Heat 2 Tablespoons olive oil into large skillet over medium heat. Add shallot, chipotle, corn, and beans. Cook for 5 minutes, until softened. Stir in cooked chicken and cilantro leaves until heated through, reduce heat to low. Pour tomato puree into chicken mixture. Stir in cooked pasta; stir to combine. Stir in heavy cream, salt, pepper and garlic salt to taste. Cook until heated through and serve. Top with additional lots of cilantro.

No comments: