Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Baked Beans

This is my dad's recipe, I like it because unlike most baked beans this dish is not too sweet. Give them a try.

6 strips of bacon
1/2 onion
1 tbsp butter
2 Cans Pork 'n Beans
2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
2 Tbsp Light Karo Syrup
1 Tbsp Mustard
1 Tbsp Ketchup
1/2 Cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese

Cook the bacon as you usually prepare it (crisp). While cooking chop up onion as finely as possible (I usually use my mini chopper so I can pulverize them, as my clan does not enjoy chucks of onion). Add butter to a small saute pan, once melted saute onions until soft. Chop bacon finely (again I use my chopper). In a large bowl add all ingredients and mix well. Once mixed place bean mixture in a 9 x 13 pan. Can be made earlier in the day. Once ready to cook, preheat oven to 350*. Cook bean until the sides are bubbling (usually 20 to 25 minutes).

No comments: