Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Creamy Chicken Enchiladas


My friend Clancy made this for a small group meeting a couple of months ago and we all begged her for the recipe. I made it for my brother's birthday over the holidays.

These are very rich, I suggest after they have cooled a bit cutting them in half. This is definitely something you want to serve with other food items (I made Cheese enchiladas, salad and rice) because you can get too much of a good thing!

1 package Mission flour tortillas(soft taco size)
4 chicken breasts
Chicken fajita seasoning
2 tbsp butter
1 small onion, diced
1 small can chopped green chilies
2 blocks cream cheese (one full fat and one low fat)
2 cups shredded Monterrey jack cheese
1 whipping cream

Grill chicken breasts and set aside(I season mine with chicken fajita seasoning). In a large skillet, melt butter. Once melted add onion and allow to cook for five minutes. Add green chilies and continue cooking until warm. Add in cream cheese(cut up) and cook until melted. This is when I rip my chicken into chunks. Add chicken to skillet and stir until it's mixed together. Remove from heat. Spoon mixture into each tortilla.(I put my mix closer to the edge of the tortilla and it makes it easier to roll). Place each enchilada side by side in a greased baking dish. (You can prepare to this point,cover and put in the fridge.)
Top enchiladas with cheese and drizzle whipping cream around the enchiladas. Bake for 30 to 35 min at 350. Makes 12 Enchiladas.

No comments: